21 January 2014

Blog Challenge Day 6: Embarrassment

Embarrassment.  This topic is a challenging one for me; I am very open about many parts of my life and there isn't much that embarrasses me now or has embarrassed me in the past.

Hmm.  I used to drink Boone's Farm and Arbor Mist when I first began drinking, but they are basically the booze equivalent of training wheels on a bicycle or a training bra on your adolescent boobs.  They're more a right of passage than something to be properly ashamed of.

I rarely buy a jar of cookie butter from Trader Joe's because I'll eat the entire jar in less than 24 hours.  Seriously, it has the texture of peanut butter and tastes like cinnamon sugar shortbread cookies!  It's irresistible.  The same goes for root veggie chips, but those have never survived longer than 2 hours from the time I brought them home.

Wait!!  I have a good one.  Sometimes I buy hazelnut or French vanilla flavoured coffee even though I'm a sincere epicurean and total coffee snob.  Typically I will only purchase whole bean, single source, Fair Trade coffee.  I prefer East African and Indonesian coffees; Ethiopian and Sumatran are my favourites.  My coffee is stored in airtight containers, away from natural or artificial light.  Every morning I freshly grind the beans and deposit them into my French press, sometimes with added cinnamon or allspice.  I drink my coffee with unsweetened almond or coconut milk.  I do not add sugar, honey, or any other sweetener.  Yes, I'm pretty close to being a purist where coffee is concerned.

So there you have it: the deep shame of rarely buying flavoured coffee.

Does that count?


I highly recommend checking out my fellow blog challengers; they tackled this topic far better than I did.
Yvonne's Day 6 post

Dani's doubleplusgood Day 5 & 6 post

No comments:

Post a Comment