14 November 2012

Running: Post-Plateau

Whew!  Not only did I survive last night's run but it really felt good.  Stretching before and after made a huge difference and I think instead of sticking to the C25K program to the letter, R. and I have decided it's more important to just keeping running, keep running longer, and keep improving our stamina.  If it takes us a little while longer, so be it.  Our goal was to become more healthy and fit, first and foremost, with the 5K giving us a tangible goal to keep us motivated.

Today is the first day in over a week that I don't feel sore or disillusioned about running in general.  I feel like I've overcome a hurdle and will be in good form for Thursday evening's run with R.!

In other news, don't weigh yourself after you just ate a big sandwich for lunch (even if it was only rye bread, mustard, pickles & veggies).  It's disheartening, to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I hope that things will continue to be positive for you on the running front.

    I second your advise completely. In fact, I'm off the camp that will only step on the scale first thing in the morning before eating (and only if I had a light supper the night before).

    Speaking of food, thank you very much for your comment on my vintage pot roast recipe today. I adore sweet fruits in savoury dishes, too. Eons ago (ok, about a decade ago) I came up with a tasty dish that combines cooked pork, canned peaches and rice. Sounds a bit strange, but tastes flat out fantastic! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the most accurate time to measure your weight is first thing in the morning! I think I am going to stick to that from now on (they have some very cute vintage-looking mechanical bathroom scales on Amazon... I might just pick one up).

    Peaches and pork sounds delicious! I would probably add hot sauce or hot peppers, since I like everything spicy.

    I think I have decided to take it a little slower when it comes to running and only run twice a week, with ever increasing times. That way I will still feel good enough to bike to work and jog/walk my dogs. It's all about a healthy balance!

    ~ Garnet

    ReplyDelete