01 July 2013

Daily Gratitude - Monday Music Edition

I am once again reviving my Daily Gratitude posts.  It is so beneficial for each of us to take a moment each day to stop, reflect, and recognize how much we have to be thankful for and happy about.

Today (and probably on other occasions) I am sharing with you music of unparalleled beauty that has deeply inspired me recently.  I hope you enjoy this departure from my usual lists.

"Ora" by Ludovico Einaudi


______________________________

"Letting Go" by Isaac Shepard


______________________________

"Racing Against the Sunset" by Philip Wesley


______________________________

"Der Holle Rache" (Queen of the Night) by Mozart,
from the 1969 production of "The Magic Flute,"
sung by the incomparably talented coloratura soprano Lucia Popp 



______________________________

"Solveig's Song" by Edvard Grieg (music) and Henrik Ibsen (lyrics),
from the 1982 production of "Peer Gynt,"
once again sung by Lucia Popp


No comments:

Post a Comment